Over the last few months, the Healthy London Partnership (HLP) proactive care team has been working closely with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and other key stakeholders to develop a ‘Social Prescribing Vision for London’.
The vision has been developed by the GLA, NHS England, HLP and the London Social Prescribing Network, in collaboration with partners across the NHS, local authority and voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector to support the scale and spread of social prescribing across London.
Our vision is for every Londoner to have easy access to social prescribing to meet their changing needs, from cradle to grave, with a focus on developing healthy and thriving communities.
It is very important that the vision for London fits well in a wide variety of settings and organisations. This is a draft social prescribing vision for London which we now welcome wide-ranging feedback on.
We would like to hear your views on the draft vision, in particular:
- Do you think this is the right approach to support the mainstreaming of social prescribing in London over the next 10 years so that every Londoner can easily have access to a social prescription?
In your view what more should be done to support:
- Helping Londoners to understand SP and how it can benefit them and help them to take more control over their health and well-being.
- The growth of digital solutions
- Ensuring more/better access to social and welfare advice in London
- Supporting workforce development, in particular the link-worker role, including improving career pathways and providing effective support for staff
- Supporting GP’s and other health professionals to engage with social prescribing
- Supporting volunteers to engage in social prescribing
How to respond to this document
Please send your written responses to email@example.com by close on 28 February 2019.
There will also be opportunities to engage in the debate about social prescribing through Talk London in the New Year. We would also be interested to see any case studies you would like to share.
All feedback will be collated and reviewed to further develop and enhance the Social Prescribing Vision for London.
In: Best practice, Case studies, Guides
Tagged: proactive care, proactive care resources, social prescribing