- Department of Education Guidance on how to manage bullying. There is also specific guidance on cyber bullying for Head Teachers and a guide for parents.
- This site provides a Schools Information Pack, giving a range of guidance, tools and examples of what has worked elsewhere in dealing with issues around death and bereavement. This can include the death of a child in school but also how to support children who are experiencing bereavement. There is guidance on how to develop a school bereavement policy.
- This guide gives advice and additional links regarding the recognition of harmful sexual behaviour. If any teacher is concerned about whether a child is displaying inappropriate or harmful behaviour. Any such concerns should be raised with the Designated Safeguarding Lead at the school to consider whether additional safeguarding action is required.
- This toolkit was created to complement the Mayor’s first anti-knife crime media campaign, London Needs You Alive.The campaign, launched in November 2017, encourages children to place a higher value on their life and not to carry a knife. The #LNYA toolkit has been developed to support young people to reconnect with positive aspirations and self-identity.The toolkit contains existing resources and initiatives that have been specially developed, including:
- campaign material templates
- lesson plans
- inspirational actives
- links to free courses, training and useful contact details
- information about the London Needs You Alive campaign and details of the other things we’re doing to combat knife crime
- Announced by the Mayor in September 2018, the Violence Reduction Unit (VRU) brings together specialists from health, police, local government, probation and community organisations to tackle violent crime and the underlying causes of violent crime.
- PAPYRUS are a leading charity dedicated to reducing the numbers of children and young people who commit suicide. They provide a range of guidance as well as training courses for schools. They produce specific guidance for schools on how to build a suicide- safer school or college:
Tagged: bullying guidance, CAMHS, child bereavement UK, harmful sexual behaviour, london suicide prevention plan, managing risk, MOPAC, PAPYRUS, Violence reduction unit, VRU, young suicide
to Getting help & risk management